Monday 17 March 2014

Meal Planing Monday - Spring Fever

I don't know about you but I feel so much better now the weather has picked up and we've got sunshine.  I've tackled the garden this weekend so hopefully we'll get a few lunches outside in the sun this week.

So with the clocks due to change I figured we're not going to want stodgy comfort food much so I'm going for everything I'll miss over the summer!!



Monday: Chicken Enchilladas (recipe from At Home With Mrs M)

Tuesday: Quinoa and Chicken Curry

Wednesday:  Cod with Cheesy Chorizo Topping, potato salad and err...more salad

Thursday: Gluten Free Spaghetti Bolognese

Friday: Gluten Free Slow Cooker One Pot Steak Dinner (there it is below)

Saturday: Take Away

Sunday:  Nigella's Cola Ham, chips and mushy peas 


Is your menu getting a fresher, less stodgy theme?

I'm ready for a crisp salad in the garden I think!

The recipe for the One Pot Steak Dinner is here if you fancy an easy to do meal 

Ingredients:
4 pieces of steak for each person
Small new potatoes
Green beans
Carrots
Onions (I use frozen – No Tears!)
2 Beef Stock Pots
1 Vegetable Stock Pot
Method
Chop the carrots and place in the base of the slow cooker with the green beans and the onions.
Wash and quarter the small potatoes, I leave the skin on, it’s up to your personal choice.
Place the steak on the vegetables.
Mix up the stock and leave to cool.  The stock needs to cool so it doesn’t start cooking the steak when you pour it in.  It’s not essential to let it cool, it will turn out ok – i’ve thrown it in boiling hot when I’ve been in a rush.
Put in enough stock to cover the ingredients.
Switch the slow cooker on 4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
The steak should be fall apart soft when done.
Enjoy!
Have a fabulous week!

This post is linked up with Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organising Junkie.  There's loads of ideas and menus up there so get inspired! Go and have a look.  Go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment