Monday 24 March 2014

Meal Plan Monday - Finger Food Revolt

Meal Planning Monday - Finger Food Revolt!!

http://orgjunkie.com/2014/03/menu-plan-monday-march-2414.html

I'm at the stage with the youngest where he wants to feed himself with cutlery. He wants the same as us and wants to do it himself.  Oh Joy!  Now moving the dining room to the carpeted room does not seem a good idea.  I'm wondering if a buffet in the kitchen is a daily possibility for the next six months?


So, I shall bite the bullet and cease arguing with a 15 month old because I can't win.  Not only can he out ERRRRR me but he can now sign his requirements thanks to hisbaby sign class.

Here's my plan for the week.

Monday:  Hot Dog Pasta Bake

Tuesday: Chicken Dinner (maybe without gravy!)

Wednesday:  Fish and Chips

Thursday:  Not So Chilli and Nachos

Friday: Sausage and .... (cringe) Mash with lots of rolling peas and sweetcorn

Saturday: Takeaway (Home made chicken strips and wedges for Mr Independence)

Sunday: The Big 3 Courser - (not decided exactly what yet!)

I know I've jibbed out somewhat and decided on food that can be finger food, but break me in gently, its 5 years since I did this!! (and we had a laminated floor)

How did you get through this phase of the toddler war for independence?

Advice please!!!

-- 

This post is linked up with Meal Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie - go and have a look, there's bags of inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds wonderful. My boys are 9 and 12 now so it makes it hard to remember...seems like I put a vinyl tablecloth under the high chair for easy clean up? I really just remember meal times being messy. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't think of vinyl!! It reminded me I used the mat out of the Twister Game with my eldest. He's also 12, slightly less messy now haha!

    Thanks for commenting, have a great week!

    C :)

    ReplyDelete